3.17.2013

DIY: PALLET SHOE RACK

I have been introducing my bedroom redesign piece by piece and it is almost complete! The over the door shoe hanger that wouldn't even fit half of my shoes got the axe and I brought in several pallets in its stead. I found several different renditions of this idea and came up with the below on my own. It seemed the most efficient and more in line with what I was wanting. 
Supplies:
  • Wood Pallet
  • 2 Shelf Brackets (with a capacity 100+ lbs) 
  • 6 Heavy Duty Screws
  • Drill or Screwdriver
  • Stud Finder*
  • Measuring Tape 
  • Spray Paint (color of your choice) 



  1. Paint your pallet (or not) and allow to dry outside while you do the following
  2. Locate the studs in the wall that you will be hanging your pallet on-be sure to measure your pallet and the distance between the studs so you're sure there is not too much space
  3. Use the heavy duty screws to hang your shelf brackets in your studs
  4. Simply lift your pallet on to your shelf brackets and done!  

*In lieu of a stud finder, check out this video on how to locate a stud yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment